Choosing the Right Standing Desk: A Review of the MotionGrey Motion Series Standing Desk, Risedesk, and Ikea Bekant Standing Desk
Need a new standing desk? In our recent posts, we’ve been doing standing desk reviews and sharing the features of the top standing desks in Canada to help shoppers like you find the perfect desk for your workspace. Whether you’re looking for a fancy desk with all the technological features or a basic desk with sufficient adjustability options, we have the information you need.
In this post, we’ll review 3 different desks for you to check—our very own Motion Series Standing Desk, the Rise Desk, and the Ikea Bekant Desk. We’ll take a look at their feature and their prize to see which one offers the most value. Let’s do it!
A Closer Look: MotionGrey Motion Series Standing Desk vs. Risedesk vs. Ikea Bekant Standing Desk
In our reviews, we focus on the key features such as the motor, the frame construction, and the tabletop, including warranty and prize to see which standing desk is the best.
- MotionGrey Motion Series Standing Desk – dual motors
- Risedesk Standing Desk – dual motors
- Ikea Bekant Standing Desk – dual motors
All three desks have dual motors, which are in general more powerful than a single motor. However, what you may notice is that the Ikea motor is generally smaller in size compared to regular motors, and this will have an effect on the desk’s capabilities, as other features will later show.
Lifting Capacity, Sound, and Speed
- MotionGrey Motion Series Standing Desk – 250lbs lifting capacity; 40dB operating noise; movement of 1.5” per second
- Risedesk Standing Desk – 220lbs lifting capacity; 45dB operating noise; movement of 1.5” per second
- Ikea Bekant Standing Desk – 154lbs lifting capacity; approx. 55dB operating noise; movement of 1.1” per second
Of the three standing desks, the Motion Series desk appears to best its competitors in this area. It has the best lifting capacity at 250lbs, followed by the Rise Desk. The Bekant appears to have the least power, able to handle only 154lbs of weight—not a surprise considering the size of its motors. The MotionGrey desk also has the lowest operating noise. In terms of speed, the Ikea Bekant is the fastest, also not surprising given its low weight capacity. Meanwhile, the Motion Series and Rise Desk come close at 1.5” per second.
- MotionGrey Motion Series Standing Desk – 3 segmented frame, with height range of 23.6” to 49
- Risedesk Standing Desk – 3 segmented frame, with height range of 28.3” to 45.2”
- Ikea Bekant Standing Desk – 3 stage frame, with height range of 22” to 48”
In terms of the frame, all three desks appear equal with 3 segmented frames. However, there is noticeable difference in terms of height range. The MotionGrey standing desks have always excelled in the lower range, able to cater to shorter users, but the Ikea Bekant surpasses the Motion Series desk this time with its 22” height in the lower range. In the higher range, this is where MotionGrey excels among the three, reaching up to 49”, with the Bekant following close at 48”. The Rise Desk performs a bit poorly in this area, with a limited height range of 28.3” to 45.2”.
- MotionGrey Motion Series Standing Desk - available in 3 sizes and 3 colors
- Risedesk Standing Desk – available in 2 sizes and 3 colors
- Ikea Bekant Standing Desk – available in 2 sizes and other variants, offered in 2 basic colors (with additional options at an extra cost)
Aesthetic customization is one thing many users value in standing desks, and the best way to achieve that is with a unique and stylish tabletop. And when it comes to table tops, the more option you have, the better! All three desks are more or less in equal footing here in terms of size and color options, with the Bekant offering extra color choices at additional cost. If the usual colors don’t cut it for you, you can always go for bolder color options.
Price & Warranty
- MotionGrey Motion Series Standing Desk – $499.99 CAD, 8 years warranty
- Risedesk Standing Desk – $745 CAD, 10 years warranty
- Ikea Bekant Standing Desk – ~$479 CAD, 10 years limited warranty
How much are you willing to spend for a standing desk? That is a question worth asking. And how much value will you get from your money?
Of the three desks in this set, the MotionGrey desk and the Ikea desk appear to be cheaper at less than $500 compared to the Rise Desk priced at over $700. Both the Rise Desk and the Ikea Bekant have longer warranty at 10 years.
Features, price, warranty—these are the things you would want to look into when choosing the right standing desk. So which is it? The MotionGrey Motion Series Desk, the Rise Standing Desk, or the Ikea Bekant Standing Desk? We hope this review will be helpful as you choose the best standing desk for your workspace. For more standing desk reviews, check out the following:
- Review: MotionGrey Motion Series Standing Desk, Effydesk Business Office Standing Desk, and Uplift V2 Standing Desk
- Review: MotionGrey Motion Series Standing Desk, Jarvis Bamboo Standing Desk, and the Autonomous SmartDesk Core
Ready to shop? Why not start by heading over to our catalog page for a wide array of high-quality standing desk options?
Comparison Table of the Motion Series Standing Desk, Rise Standing Desk, and Ikea Bekant Standing Desk
|Motor||Lifting Capacity||Sound||Speed||Table Tops||Frame||Price & Warranty|
|Motion Series Standing Desk||Dual German Motor||250lbs||40dB||
1.5” per second
3 sizes and 3 colors
3 segmented frame, with height range of 23.6” to 49
$499.99 CAD, 8 years warranty
|Risedesk Standing Desk||Dual||220lbs||45dB||
1.5” per second
2 sizes and 3 colors
3 segmented frame, with height range of 28.3” to 45.2”
$845 CAD, 10 years warranty
|Ikea Bekant Standing Desk||Dual||154lbs||approx. 55dB||
1.1” per second
2 sizes and other variants, offered in 2 basic colors (with additional options at an extra cost)
3 stage frame, with height range of 22” to 48”
~$479 CAD, 10 years limited warranty
MotionGrey is a Canadian standing desk company that specializes in ergonomic furniture. We supply and install only the best quality standing desks and ergonomic chairs in the country.
Our products are designed with wellness as the focal point. From our electric standing desks to our office and gaming chairs, we deliver best value by putting your health, safety, and comfort as top priority. Boost your creativity and level up work performance. We want you to create great outcomes so we’re providing you only the best tools to make them possible.
Click here to view our selection of products. Got questions?