(Video) Top Features to Look for When Shopping for an Ergonomic Chair
Office chairs—they’re as common as any other furniture you’ll find in any other workplace today. Do you know that the typical office chairs are causing a wide range of health problems and an increase in mortality rate? Sitting has become a dangerous activity.
Office furniture engineers are trying to correct the problem with newer chair designs that are more ergonomically friendly and safer to use. Now when you go into the market, you might get overwhelmed by the choices available and the features offered. But what do you really need to look for?
The Ergonomic Office Chair Features that Matter
When it comes to ergonomics in chairs, adjustability is the key differentiator between an average and a great chair.
- Adjustable chair height not only to accommodate the user height but to ensure that there is space to sit properly—both feet flat on the floor and the upper and lower legs positioned so that they’re at a right angle to each other
- Adjustable lumbar rest to ensure that the natural curve of the spine is fully supported, including about a 135-degree recline angle for a more comfortable position
- Adjustable armrest in both height and direction, with the armrest at the same height as the desk and the upper and lower arms at a 90-degree angle to each other, and the armrest able to get out of the way when the user needs more movement (4D armrest feature)
- Adjustable headrest to offer complete support and protect not only the head but also the neck and shoulders
Apart from adjustability, take a look at the quality and durability of each part that makes up the office chair.
- The materials by which the seats and cushions are made
- The metal used to build the frame
- The material and design of the base, casters, and wheels
Finding the right chair for you might seem tricky, but remember the basics when looking for the best one—the quality of the materials and design, as well as the adjustability features of the chair. With these in mind, it’s easy to find the one that will suit you and your space best.
MotionGrey is a Canadian standing desk company that specializes in ergonomic furniture. We supply and install only the best quality standing desks and ergonomic chairs in the country.
Our products are designed with wellness as the focal point. From our electric standing desks to our office and gaming chairs, we deliver best value by putting your health, safety, and comfort as top priority. Boost your creativity and level up work performance. We want you to create great outcomes so we’re providing you only the best tools to make them possible.
Click here to view our selection of products. Got questions?