Your Goal-Setting Checklist: A Month-End Review
And just like that, the first month of the year is coming to a close. Whew!
So how was your January? Did you set new goals, wrote down new resolutions? More importantly, are you able to keep up with what you’ve set consistently since, well, it’s only been 30 days (335 days more to go!)? This post is dedicated to a review of the month that passed. Before we move onwards and continue, let’s recalibrate and ensure we’re moving towards the right direction, shall we?
Mind, Body, and Soul: Revisiting Your Goals
Let’s break down our goals into three—mind, body, and soul. It’s important to get the right balance when setting goals so that we don’t only focus on one area, to the possible detriment of another. If you feel you need to adjust some goals to achieve more balance, this is the best time to do so. Here we go!
A mind that keeps learning is a mind that never gets old, so make sure you keep your mind sharp. How?
- Go back to your core gift—writing, graphic design, numbers—and see whether you are investing to further enhance this gift so you can maximize it. Do you allot regular time for sharpening your skills? If you haven’t, now is the best time to set a time for it.
- Is there a skill you have always wanted to learn but never did? An experience you’ve always wanted to try? I have always wanted to learn video editing, and this year is the year I’m setting a goal to learn this. What’s yours?
- Do you simply want to keep learning, be open to new opportunities for discovery? Maybe read one book a month? Take a new online course? Learn a new language? All these are possible!
One of the most common goals people set during the new year is to lose weight, but it’s not the only resolution you can aim for to take care of your body.
- Are you getting enough rest and sleep, drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day, and eating clean food? Before you aim for lofty goals, make sure you have the basics covered. It might be time to set the alarm to achieve a regular sleeping and waking hours, time to have a tumbler of water within reach at all times, and start being more conscious of the food you allow to get into your body.
- Are you getting enough exercise, moving more, and spending less time off the couch? With a sedentary lifestyle getting more and more common, it’s important to be intentional in adding movement to your day. Stand at work, take the stairs instead of the elevator, or walk to your nearby restaurant instead of taking the car.
Goals that nourish the soul will help you achieve the goals you set in other areas of your life—they will help you gain more willpower to stay consistent and feel more joyful about everything you’re doing.
- Do you have time for quiet, a time for reflection? This is a time when you can reconnect with yourself, with the Higher Source, and examine the path you’re taking—not only whether you are ticking the boxes in your list but, more importantly, whether you are ticking the right boxes. Find time for journaling, for prayer, and for meditation.
- Do you do something that makes you happy? Setting goals and achieving them can feel like hard work, so it’s important to make sure you include having fun in your goals—this will fuel your resolve to work on your other goals. If you enjoy music, wake up to a good playlist in the morning. If you enjoy the outdoors, walk outside at lunch to get some sun. Carve a few minutes in the day when you’re simply doing something you love—drawing or painting or cooking—without any expectation.
- Is sharing and giving part of your goals? Doing something for others can be energizing. It can be as big as doing volunteer work with an organization this year or as simple as asking yourself this question every morning: What good can I do today? Or how can I help someone today?
We hope the questions above have helped you to revisit the goals you have set at the start of the year (whether they are included here or not) and see how well you are doing as you work on them. If you have not been consistent, then it’s not yet too late—every new day is an opportunity to start anew. And if you are doing great in working on your goals, congratulations! Make sure to give yourself a month-end treat! Have the best 2022!
MotionGrey is a Canadian standing desk company that specializes in ergonomic furniture. We supply and install only the best quality standing desks and ergonomic chairs in the country.
Our products are designed with wellness as the focal point. From our electric standing desks to our office and gaming chairs, we deliver best value by putting your health, safety, and comfort as top priority. Boost your creativity and level up work performance. We want you to create great outcomes so we’re providing you only the best tools to make them possible.
Click here to view our selection of products. Got questions?